Thoughts about Technology & World Change :)

Hi everyone, please feel free to comment on any of my posts! I welcome any feedback! :)

Monday, 7 November 2011

Hi everyone!

As the term is drawing to an end, I would like to note down how much I have enjoyed this module- Technology and World Change. Although the work load can be rather heavy, I have learned so much throughout this semester. It has been extremely insightful-- not only do we have to opportunity to share our views, we have the opportunity to learn and update each other on current affairs as well. The discussion on current affairs can go on and on, and I certainly feel that this module is very relevant to us and our society today.

Lesson 11 was the start of the first four group presentations. What I find very interesting about this module is the way project groups present their group reports. For TWC, we do not go by the conventional 3000 word limit report and submit it as a group research paper. Instead, we learn to design and use a website to create our report. In doing so, we learn to decorate it and insert pictures and graphics to make it more appealing to visitors. I shall not go on too much about the website in this post, as I have yet to present in the next lesson! :)

We had four groups presenting during this lesson but I liked the presentation done by the Techmerce group the most :) Their presentation was very engaging and it was a topic that I found particularly relevant to me. I, myself, love to online shop and more often than not, I have the tendency to give way to my itchy fingers and click the 'add to cart' button whenever I see something I like or something that is on 'sale'. Online shopping can be very addictive and it certainly makes me have that sense of satisfaction when my packages arrive in my house a few days later! I certainly agree that the media now acts as a platform for us to do anything and everything, and that even includes us purchasing what we need without having to leave the house or moving a single inch. In addition, I personally feel that online shopping can safe time for many consumers. Now, customers do not have to waste time traveling to the shops or waste time queuing up to try out the clothes. However, consumers may end up wasting their money when they realize the size that they actually ordered does not fit them well. As such, we can see that online shopping has its advantages and disadvantages.

All in all, I would rate this lesson 8/10! The other groups have presented really well and I definitely look forward to the next lesson!

Have a great week everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment