Thoughts about Technology & World Change :)

Hi everyone, please feel free to comment on any of my posts! I welcome any feedback! :)

Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Wow.

We have come to the last lesson of this module (Technology and World Change). My group, 'Technolitics', presented and I had fun during our presentation. We had a skit during the first ten minutes of our presentation, before we introduced our website in a formal manner.

What I find absolutely 'cool' about this module is that we have a web report for our project, instead of a formal written report. With the web report, we can design our website in any way we want it, add and edit fonts, add animations and pictures, and even videos to attract viewers to access our website. As I am not really good with designing online sites and blogs, I was quite surprised when I could do my part in making our website look better and more exciting! Also, my group has worked hard in trying to make our presentation more interesting. We have planned a skit, that is supposed to be a 'talk show' where we invite special guests to give their insights on certain manners. I must say I was rather nervous before the presentation, but as soon as it started, I was used to it. Presenting in class twice ( individual presentation and group presentation) has definitely trained my presentation skills and has enabled me to have more confidence in myself as well.

As I look back my previous blog posts, I realized I have learned so much about the world and the future of technology that I would not have otherwise been exposed to ( if not for this module). I love how our class interacts during each lesson, with each of us speaking up in class to discuss about the various issues at hand. It has truly been a wonderful experience of me as I learned to step out from my comfort zone, and take part in class discussions. This module has certainly changed my perspective on how I view the world and the people around me. It has also constantly pushed me to do readings on my own, blog every week, peer review my fellow classmates' topical review reports, and working with others to design an entire brand new web report. This journey has been truly memorable for me and I will always remember the skills and techniques that I have picked up during this semester!

Good luck for final examinations everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment